Thursday, June 01, 2006

Freedom Dideleedum

Holy crap. Here starts my summer! Woooo!

I have been at home for a total of one and a half hours now and I have not started freaking out yet. That's good. It really gets to me how almost everyone has said, in a very concerned tone: "Wow. ( - or - Oh My God!) What are you going to do all summer?" And I give them a blank stare like I don't understand what they are talking about. Because I genuinely do not know what they are talking about. What do you mean, what am I going to do? You're fucking kidding, right? I actually told someone (with a really serious look): "I really don't know. I guess I'll try to keep busy..."

I have tons of things planned for the summer. I plan of cleaning out all the closets in this appartment. I am sure I will find long lost relatives in there. They have literally never been cleaned. So much shit will go to the curb, charity or recycling.

30 of the Gazillion Things I Will Do This Summer :

1. Try out new recipes. As soon as I can deal with touching food. :o)
2. Go to SnBs. A couple of friends and I just planned the whole thing. We're happy.
3. Paint. Squibbits, triptych for J's room and D's samurai helmet.
4. Read. I've got lots of catching up to do.
5. Go for super long walks.
6. Go to lunch with D.
7. Go to Ottawa to see Mom.
8. Go to a cottage with Mom, her friend and my sister. There will actually be five of us, both me and my sister being preggy!
9. Discover new music.
10. Actually wash, dry and fold clothes the same day. (I swear.)
11. Finally clean up the office that has become the depository of all things pack rats like to pack. (Think about it for a sec. That's too much stuff, yo.)
12. Blog better. Blog more.
13. Sleep when I'm tired.
14. Pet my cat Boo. He will be pleased.
15. Shop for a house.
16. Go grocery shopping and get it delivered.
17. Write.
18. Do nothing.
19. Watch X-Files all over again when it rains. Love having all 9 seasons! Love DVD technology!
20. Water my flowers on the balcony.
21. Try to grow a herb garden again.
22. Lie in the grass, surrounded by coolers full of popsicles, grapefruit juice and chocolate ice cream sandwiches. And lettuce and carrots for good measure. And celery. And grapes.
23. Write letters to friends. Not e-mails.
24. Keep a journal.
25. Spend some time with J.
26. Do pilates. My mother-in-law got me a book on pilates for pregnant women.
27. Clean out all the closets and make sure there is nothing left on the floors. Quite a challenge.
28. Paint my nails. Fingers and toes.
29. Slather lotion all over my body often. Smell and feel good as a result.
30. Play music and sing along while making things.

So for all you worriers out there, hear this: I am not worried about getting bored this summer. What worries me is people who worry because I am not worried. Fuck y'all. I want a happy worry-free pregnancy.

3 comments:

  1. Ahem...,

    100 John Street,
    Thornhill, Ontario,
    L3T 1Y4.

    Ps. I love squibbits.

    Happy_Nomad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petting Boo is fine but how about: "Spend QUALITY time with Boo". I mean really! And put that on #1 please.

    Signed: Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brigitte, you are SO right. And the activity of spending quality time with Boo established itself as number one, because we are together all day and therefore play a lot more. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.