Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Bliss

Oh, Throng of Readers, I am so happy. I really don't mean to rub it in your faces. Here goes.

Unlike Garfield on Mondays, I feel all yummy and toasty inside, and am actually pondering what to start with. (Note to my throngs of readers - Garfield, you will remember, hides in his little box-bed on Mondays and refuses to get up. He stays under his little blankie as long as he can, reaching out from under the blankie once in a while to whack the fuck out of the alarm clock. He feels like an ass all day and does not smile.) So far, I've had breakfast, listened to the news on the radio, pet my cat, checked out my favorite blogs and now I am typing away gleefully while listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I am thinking of going for a shower sometime today (no one will know if I smell), going for a walk all the way to Cartier to get some fresh fruit and veggies, cleaning my aquarium and reading some more of Jonathan Strange and Mister Norrell.

I spent half an hour cuddling in bed with my man before he had to get up to go to work. I called the bus station to find out how much a bus ticket to Ottawa costs (holy shit, Batman - it's cheaper to take the train!). I had a fond thought for P who has to fend off and survive all the female hormones kicking around the office. I had a fond thought for K who is going through difficult and funny times all at once.

Also I am so happy because it smells like fresh cut grass. The smell has invaded my appartment because all the windows are open. And I am going to make muffins. And soup. Ok, I am done.

Now for the complaining part. (I can hear everyone sighing in relief - 'Finally, she'll stop waxing happy on the joys of free time') My Dr. never even tried to hear Shrimp's heartbeat. Nine weeks is a little early, I know. But she had said she was going to try last time I saw her! She said 'At nine weeks, we'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat'...I got H out of work on a deadline to hear it. And first thing she said was 'We're not even going the try hearing the heartbeat, we'd be wasting our time.' Then she gives me the phone number for the hospital to get an ultrasound, it actually takes me half an hour to talk to someone, and they don't do pregnancy ultrasounds anymore! They haven't done them in years. This leads me to question my doctor. I like her, I really do. But she's not consistent. So I called her office and left a message saying she had given me the wrong information, thet they don't do pregnancy sonograms anymore. She should know this - she tells me she follows 4 pregnancies a year. Anyhoo. No point in being pissed off, I just find this unprofessional. Rant over.

So I'll be making phone calls to other hospitals today. I also have to get an appointment with my ob-gyn. Yay. I guess I'd better get used to it! I am in my third month now, it is pretty cool. I am thinking of keeping a pregnancy journal. It would be cool to look over in a couple of years.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, since you have so much time on your hands, and I had a wonderful thought today! I think we should spend a relaxing weekend together in Ottawa or in Montreal.

    Today my job told me that I will be getting half a day off every other week, as those will be our summer hours, and I will still be paid for my 1/2 day off.

    Today I am happy, as I like my job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.