Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Little DJ That Could

Unreal.

First the Dr. slid the Doppler on my belly and we could hear Vvooom-Vvooom, real slow. That was my blood flow. A little lower and to the right, however, there was a rave party going on. For the rest of the day, H and I would look at each other once in a while and do our best imitations of Shrimp’s heartbeat. I think I’ve replayed that sound in my mind every hour since yesterday. I am still in awe. The other thing that took my breath away was hearing H’s reaction. I could not see him – all I heard was him sucking in his breath when the beat came on the speaker. I laughed and the Doppler moved. No more baby beat. Then we found it again and the Dr. was nodding in time. It was…wonderful.

Shrimp’s got a little setup in there with little turntables and all. Right now, he’s working on getting the bass down pat. And it sounds very promising.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20 pm

    You are a sunshine to those unrelentless souls searching for light. Your blog is what you are. Everyday. And it will change the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a compliment! I am *truly* touched...now if I only knew who you are to hug you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute! Little turntables with a nice setup. Aw, what a nice image.

    I wonder what kinda of home decor magazines Shrip subscribes him/herself to. Wombs interior? Home and Uterus?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.