Thursday, August 17, 2006

Projects. Time. Happiness.


I’ve been avoiding writing here today.
I don’t want to just rush into things and let you guys know what sex our baby is.

But since I can’t get a hold of some of you in person, and others already know, I guess there is no need for suspense anymore! So, throng of readers, H and I are expecting a baby girl! We are both ecstatic. Truly. I didn’t know it was possible to be giddy like this. I was pacing yesterday afternoon, I was so giddy.

We let out the customary ‘merde’ (it lasted half a second, really), because we wanted a boy so bad (I was honestly SO convinced it was a boy!), but now H has realized she will be Daddy’s Little Girl and I have realized this is the best thing that could ever happen to me, we’re really, really happy. So voilà for the news!

In other things of interest to me lately, I have been truly silly this week and I wrote a whole post that I just forgot to put online. So here is what you should have been reading on Monday. I'm posting this just because it is relevant to stuff I wanted to mention today. But I will talk about that stuff tomorrow instead, because I care about your eyes and do not want you squinting at the screen and rubbing your eyes at the end of my post today. That, my friends, is how much I love you. Just sayin'.

August 14th, 2006.
Lil’ Electric Frog.


The event I’ve been waiting for with much anticipation is almost here: on Wednesday, H and I are going to see Shrimp on my first sonogram! Given he/she will be 7 to 9 inches long at the end of this month, Shrimp will henceforth be referred to as Frog. He/she moves all the time! And it feels more like little summersaults in the morning, and more like kicking/jumping jacks/tae-bo in the afternoon. Pretty amazing! As soon as H puts his hand on my belly, Frog stops moving. I’ve told H he already has the calming hands power. Three cheers for H!

I am going for lunch and a little knit-along this afternoon at D’s. She’s figured out the pattern for the little cashmerino (yes – cashmere and merino – yum.) bootees I'm trying to knit. The pattern seemed pretty straightforward but somehow, for an instruction-challenged person like me, who’s never knit anything but scarves and flat, squarish things (the operative term here being flat), it was a bit frustrating when it didn’t look anything like bootees. Well, okay, it did. I’m exaggerating again. But it didn’t look like the finished product on the picture, that’s for sure. I hope to be able to complete a pair for my sister’s baby girl before she is born…which could be anytime now. I’m going to be an aunt soon! The blankie is almost complete. I just can’t get no satisfaction from the border I’ve settled on. Its sucks! I am thinking I’ll just scrap wht I’ve done so far and start over, in a different color, keeping the core for the blanket, which is slate blue and moss green rectangles all knit together. More later. I know you guys are virtually glued to your screens waiting for me to update on my knitterly ventures. I just know it. Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Un p'tite puce! Félicitations! :D Plein de bonnes pensées...

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo baby girl! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:13 pm

    A baby girl? there must be a mistake, I predicted a boy. Are you sure she's yours?
    Kidding apart, miss C, you are having, you. are. having. my. dream. I've always wanted a second child and a girl. It won't happen so I'm just THRILLED for everybody for whom it's happening. No more shrimp-thing. She's now called LC: little cutie.
    And watch your heart melt as that husband of yours becomes putty in the hands of a half a foot little tyrant.
    CONGRATS, HUGE KISS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Étolane, merci pour tes bonnes pensées...ta petite Lily-Soleil m'a inspirée, faut croire! Bises.

    Tortaluga, thank you for your woohoo! I think you deserve the woohoo right now, for the work you are doing. You rock!

    Brigitte, there being no milkman that comes to our door, she must be ours. I am truly touched by your comment, thank you so much. Huge kiss to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.