Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Must. Think.

Hello, friends.

I really want to write about our two weeks away, but I don't know where to start.

My thoughts are...disconnected today. I can't put two sentences together. So fuck working on A's book, and fuck thinking at all. I'm going to knit today. And watch movies. And not eat Pizza Pockets for lunch. Because they actually taste like garbage once you've eaten half of one. But you finish it anyway just in case it stops tasting like garbage.

It always sort of throws me off when I can't put two sentences together, or organize my thoughts in a logical manner. That's okay, off days are how the cosmos lets you know you're fragile and human. Somehow, it always makes me feel inaccurate and awkward. Sad and depressed.

I am suddenly thankful for the row counter D gave me. I won't have to concentrate on counting rows. Just turn the knob after each row I knit. Sweet.

I am thankful for the sudden coolness in the air, which enables me not to break into a sweat at the thought of standing up.

I am going to go finish knitting my sister's baby's blankie, now.

5 comments:

  1. "Because they actually taste like garbage once you've eaten half of one. But you finish it anyway just in case it stops tasting like garbage."

    Wow. That's a great line, seriously.

    Btw, ... when is your due date? I might have asked this already, but I'm sure you know how bad my memory is.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:31 am

    Keep up the spirit! Your temporary lack of mental faculties probably means the shrimp is stocking up on his (I've decided...he's a he...)
    Blah days pass...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Nomad: I am starting to think makers of the Pizza Pocket (especially the three-cheese one) have put some sort of brain-numbing additive in it. You seriously get a taste of garbage, but you keep eating it anyway.In happier news, I am due January 5th. I am starting my 20th week today.

    Brigitte: Thanks for the encouragement. I don't have many blah days these days - that's why I am surprised, I guess. And *ssshhhht* don't tell anyone, but my man and I have also decided it's a boy. I'll keep you posted, we're finding out next Wednesday! :o)

    Kisses to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a tip-top secret that will be well kept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the feeling oh so well! ;) Lâche pas, pensées amicales...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.