Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The One with the James Mason Impersonation.

The weather is crappy, I am a housewife, and I have too many projects: I really don’t know where to start.

Okay, technically, I am not a housewife. I am just a girl who stays at home, bakes, makes her boyfriend’s lunch in the morning, puts little notes in it, does laundry, makes dinner, and cleans up. Also, I knit, and have started talking to my cat. Closest thing to a housewife I’ve ever encountered. But I like it. Why does all this sound familiar?

Talking to the cat is not really a problem: I’ve been doing it close to 3 years now. The problem is he now answers me, in a James Mason voice. (Click here to see one of my favorite comics, Eddie Izzard. He’s doing James Mason as John F. Kennedy. Couldn’t find any James Mason sound clips.) Well, I do the voice. I’m just pretending the cat talks like James Mason. And he ends all his sentences with: “puny human”. So a conversation with the cat sounds like: “Oh, Boo, why do you do that? You are so cute, all on your back like that. Cute little minou. You cute little minou thing, you. Yesss.” He then answers (in the James Mason voice): “Quit whining, bitch, and feed me my yummies. Can’t you see I’m being cute for a specific reason, puny human?”

Don’t judge me. He’s my entertainment, because I do not watch television.

So before I started telling you about my delusions, I was saying I have too many projects. I’m thinking of starting …a list. Shit, this does sound familiar! I’ve gone full circle. I’ve run out of things to talk about. Better get cracking and get interesting things happening!

1 comment:

  1. For me to start my bakery mailing project, I first require your new address. :)

    Ready, set, bake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.