Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happier Post.

I got stuff done today. Which is good.

Being at home is good for me right now. It is giving me time to think. It is giving me time to appreciate what I do have rather than what I am missing. It’s also creating a much needed special protective padding around me: I can shield myself from inquisitive eyes, mouths and ears. I can live through this day by day, at my own pace. And being able to do that is crucial to me. VoilĂ .

Today: good day. I went for a walk to the yarn store this morning (really, it’s sad I live about 5 minutes walking distance from it…very sad) and got yarn my mom needed as well as a special treat for myself. My friends came over to knit, drink tea and eat cookies they baked for us. I learned how to knit that pattern I just couldn’t wrap my head around (maybe I should have tried wrapping it around my head). We agreed we have Christmas knitting to do, so we made this a weekly date. I made chicken broth. I am having a friend over for drinks tonight. Life is good.

I am sitting in the baby’s room, and I’m ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.