Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Girl Walks Into a Fabric Store...

…with her better half. Today, he IS her better half because he, unlike her, does not have shooting pain in his back, uterus, or buttocks. He is the picture of cool. His hair looks good. In one word, he is hot. He, ladies and gentlemen, unlike his not-so-better-half, does not feel like strangling the woman entering the store behind them because of her incessant throat-clearing.

The girl gets irritated and impatient because her better half does not seem interested in looking at the drapes at all, which is the sole purpose of being in this store. She reminds herself she is not interested either when they take mandatory monthly trips to Future Shop to look at video games and the X-Box 360. You know, just to go have a look. So she tries to make it quick. Understand your man.

Long story short, we got drapes. They look good in the package. They’re somewhat what I was looking for, although not exactly the color scheme or texture I was hoping for. The color scheme I ogled over for was not on sale, and cost three times the price we paid for what we bought.

Now you’re all caught up on my home life, I’ll let you sit there and be happy for me while I go stare at the new curtains in their plastic packages.

I never thought I could write better half so many times in one post. Says a lot.

2 comments:

  1. That was a funny post.

    I often find myself in computer/tech stores these days, and I try to be good, even though I'm bored stiff when two computer geeks start talking gibberish to me. Why can't people learn to use simple language when talking about things I don't understand or care about.

    Kudos to you and your understanding of the male brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 pm

    You're lucky to have a better half. Me, all I ever got was a worse half... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.