Saturday, November 06, 2010

Musings.

In life, my Dear Handsome and Sexy Loverlies, there are times when you say: "Hmm. I really should do something about this."

So you talk about it to a few, select people. They look at you in a very polite, kind of sideways fashion, and state the obvious (although what they are truly doing is attempting to get rid of you and your weird, over-imaginative way to see the most trivial of events): "That is very interesting - you should write about it!" You feel gratified. You feel like your overly active imagination finally has heard its call, and ultimately, you think "I knew it. There is something to be done about this."

I've been a user of my city's transit system (i.e. the bus, I'm just trying to make it sound fancy) for as long as I've lived here. I don't drive alone yet: I'm working on it. The bus is a microcosm. It includes everything society includes, albeit at varying levels of accuracy and intensity, but it's all there.  The happy and the unhappy, the intriguing,  the snobs and the hippies, rich and poor, people who take showers and others who don't. Mysterious people, bullies, and old farts who want to teach you lessons on life and how you should follow their precepts to be just like them. (You knew when they started talking that you did not want to be like them).


Today is a grand day, for I am launching a new series. It's called: *drum roll*:

Guess What I Saw/Heard/Did On The Bus!

Wait. I don't like that title. It's too...I don't know. It doesn't work, you know? I don't actually ever do anything on the bus, except read, observe people, and listen to music. Sometimes, if I'm taking the bus with someone, I'll talk to them. Let me think about it. Maybe it'll be something a little more playful. Something like...


The Bus Chronicles


Ah. There. I could write a book, but not in these conditions (this was taken as I finished writing this post, at 6:50 this morning: sorry, it's a bit dark, but you get the point):
We're the Blog Police. Fear Us...Are you done yet?

3 comments:

  1. Bananagirl10:49 am

    I SO agree with you! The bus if a pure jewel for those who can see everything amazingly delicious it holds to feed our imagination. Oh the joys of trying to figure out in your head what a day in the life of one of those weirdos must be like... HA! I knew you did that too :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 am

    Ahhh the Bus...I kinda miss it. I have some good memories : the guy who seezes in his hand then put it on the pole, just where you had you hand 2 sec ago...Or the weird lady (I'm sure 3 ugly creepy cats are waiting for her at home) who tries to eat an apple...What's so disgusting about this? SHE HAS NO TEETH AT ALL!
    So please tell us everything you experience on the bus...and here is a bet : If you make me regret the bus just one minute with one of your stories I invit you to diner. Deal?

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bananagirl: sometimes, I realize some of these weirdos probably are just like me, and that they are observing me just like I'm observing them, and then I get freaked out and get off the bus.

    Dear V.: the sneezing is a definite classic. That and the coughing in your neck. It makes me want to hurl. Now...about the three cats .... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.