Friday, October 29, 2010

Magnificence.

Today, you computer-using Legion of Lovelies (all four of you), you are blessed with two tributes.

First, I will celebrate my favorite backyard with pictures I took last time I went to this magical getaway which, happily enough, is about twenty minutes away from my house. I last went one week ago and it was - for lack of a better word - magnificent (hence the title of this post). Thank you to V for her hospitality, her patience, her love and the way she sets a table and gives life to plush toys. She makes my life even more delicious than it already is. (Huh - a third tribute which I had not even planned for...)

I will then link to a great hommage to language which was put into the most eloquent words I've heard and seen in a really long time. It's not so much the words themselves individually, but the way they are knit together, the seamless musicality, the yumminess, in short. So sit down, take six minutes and thirty-three seconds to savor this literary soup, and let me know what you think. It goes down really well with hot chocolate, a Pinot Grigio or whatever you have at home, and it is completely up to you to decide which will accompany this feast best. Personally, I favored the classic: a martini. It is Friday evening, after all. It (the literary soup, not the martini) was concocted by the great Stephen Fry, who, among other things, is endowed with one of the most pleasant voices I've ever known.

Without further ado, enjoy the yumminess. First, my magical getaway:








Wasn't that extraordinary? I am in awe. You can smell the leaves and want to jump in them too, don't you? And now, I give you dessert, because you ate all of your plate: have you got your glass of something yummy? Click here, and cheers. *ching!*



4 comments:

  1. Tes photos sont absolument extraordinaires !! La lumière y est douce et chaude..les éléments de décor colorés et joyeux...c'est exactement l'image que je m'en faisait quand tu me parlais d'un repaire de fées :) Bravo !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:07 pm

    I'm so so happy to share that time and this place with you...Thank you for those pictures, you have a unique talent My Sweet Lady. I hope you will come back really soon...because when you are here it's more beautiful...

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:12 pm

    hello hello! i am so happy to find you are writing again here. for months i would check back hopefully (i am anti-feed as i prefer the surprise) and assumed you had moved on to a different venue. now to the point: your yard is divine! oh how i would like to lounge there for an afternoon and you could tell me all about what you have been up to, and also we could eat some of those madeleines. :)jenn in oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn! You're back! :) So glad to see you here. It wasn't the same without you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.