Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fibre Love.

Last Saturday morning, my Loverlies, I woke up really early.
I don't know why. I would have liked to sleep in. Anyhoo...

I went upstairs, yawned for a while, sitting in the stairs between the kitchen and the living room, scratched behind a few cat ears and slowly made my way to the kitchen after having drawn back the curtains in the dining room. I am realizing, writing this, that I am making my house sound huge. It is. I live in a mansion, have I not told you? I have sold most of my estates, such as the chalet in Switzerland and my pad in Hamburg, but have yet to find a suitable owner for the one in Brazil. It's...I don't know - it's too beautiful, although it reminds of my villa in Costa Rica, but I cannot part with it.

(Several hours later)

Hello, Loverlies! How are you? Been here long? What? I was talking about my estates and I was using my John Cleese voice? Oh, dear. I am SO sorry. I sleepwalk. That happens. Let's start over.

Last Saturday morning, I woke up really early. I'm talking 5:15, which is my weekday wake-up time. I went upstairs, sat in the stairs, scratched behind a few cat ears and slowly made my way to the kitchen to make some coffee. I was planning on sitting in the living room to watch a movie until The Man woke up. He sleeps through almost anything, but I was feeling rather lazy and looking for an excuse to sit in my jammies and sip coffee, so I chose a few Pixar classics and sat down, headphones on, with my knitting. Just as I was starting the movie, I heard some scratching noises coming from the corner of the living room.  "Come on, Ezio. Lie still. The Man is asleep. Don't start now..." I begged him. But Ezio was doing his groundhog pose, sitting up on his hind legs, looking at my knitting cabinet intently. I swear, he does this. The hind legs thing.

I walked over slowly, and sure enough, there was a weird scratching noise coming from inside the drawer. "F*%@ing mice", I thought. I cracked open the drawer ever so slowly, baseball bat held three-quarters of the way down in my left hand, ready to wield the Fury of Almightyness into their helpless little faces and completely smash my beloved knitting cabinet. Well, not really. Knowing me, I would have collected the mice by their little tails while making gentle cooing sounds and put them in a shoebox for the day, given them human names such as Edward, Elliot and Ingrid and fed them some grated carrots and pieces of cheese. I would then have taken them to the park and set them free.

What really happened, though, as I know you are all sitting on the edge of your chairs, is this. I cracked open the drawer, and here is what saw:


"What the heck?" I thought. So I took a closer look. It seems my embroidered Squibbit is loving my Sock Monkey. (the Monkey's not really, technically, a Sock Monkey which I made, but he used to live on a sock, and I saved him from Doom and am keeping him for some other project. Turns out he was showing the Squibbit how to monkey around...ahem...) Don't they look happy?


They look almost as happy as Ezio does with his white ribbon. He looks like he's going to a wedding or something. I got this off a gift wrapping and he loved it, so I put it on his collar for 15 minutes. The Man would like me to tell you that I have a mental illness, although I am not sure what he is referring to.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 am

    I know what The Man is referring to. You are someone very special... Muhaaaa! You catch the joke?

    Bah nm... I luv you because you so special...

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 pm

    Ahhhh le beau Ezio !!! Trop cute :) xxx

    Miss Magoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bananagirl2:53 pm

    Sweet mother of Jesus, this is just too adorable!! Does this mean that pretty soon, there will be a new era of squibey??(Mix between monkey & squibbit)
    And Ezio? You're just the sweetest thing. But you probably already know that because only very very special kittens get to wear white ribbons. You lucky cheeky monkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. V.: Takes one to know one. ;)

    Miss Magoo: Tell me about it.

    Bananagirl: Monkits? Squibeys? I don't know. If a new species is born, I will gladly be the Caretaker. I will love it. But I just hope they do the dishes, cook gourmet meals, iron clothes, water plants and come up with witty comebacks. If they don't, I might hire them as gardeners. Teach them a lesson, and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mlle: So enjoyed this blog! And I loved the peek inside your drawer. So cute - those two are adorable. Keep posting.

    Vicki in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.