Thursday, August 09, 2007

In Style.

I took the bus home today, as usual. Unlike regular days of the week, I had a seat on the bus. So far, so good.

What I did not expect, Throng of Fans, was the guy who got on the bus one stop after me. I don’t know why, I always look at people who get on the bus with me. It’s a habit. I like observing people, it’s in my nature. I usually get away with it too, because I am very discreet. Thank the Little Pixies That Rule the World, I am discreet. So the puddle of drool pooling in my lap went unnoticed.

This guy – ohhhh this guy. I’ve always had a not-so-secret crush on the David Usher type, and this pinstripe-suit, awesome tie, briefcase-carrying babe was it. We both sported rings on our left hand ringfingers, but I swear if I hadn’t, I would have slipped him my card. Oh yes. Heehee. Oh – sorry – I’m giggling.

Okay, enough.

I am back, as you might have noticed, after quite a break. I hope you didn’t give up on me…I had a very relaxing two-week getaway and made the most of it. To me, a holiday that includes family, friends, a lake, Uno, Mille Bornes, good food and drink, a fire & marshmallows is a pretty awesome holiday. Yummy. I rest my case.

And now, a first. A poll! I am allowing ten days for you Monkeys to post your answers in the comments. I'll let you know the results, I promise.

Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?

a. To hit on the hot girl chicken on the other side;
b. This side of the road had become boring;
c. To ogle the 1969 Z28 Camaro on the other side;
d. To slip his card to the hot business guy with the pinstripe suit and the tie and the briefcase.

Hands off, Chicken.

2 comments:

  1. look, you're back! i checked just in time to get my vote in before the deadline. and my vote is: d, for sure. because the chicken did not have a ring on his left hand ringfinger, or wherever it is that chickens place their rings. go chicken go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 pm

    I know its toooooooo late, but I can't count....so

    e, all of the above

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.