Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday Knitty Sunday

I would like this to be Sunday Knitty Sunday.

But I can't get my arse out my office chair to get to my big green box in the living room, to pull out D's scarf and to make some significant progress. Why? I don't know. Ok, I do know. I get bored with my projects! This is why I had the idea, months ago, to start a knitted quilt - to see progress in all the little squares that took me 20 minutes to knit. But I promised D his scarf, I started it over a month ago, and I've got about one-thirds of it done.

And since I'm not faithful to one project alone, probably also because of boredom or a short attention span - come to think of it, both - I've got 3 projects on the go. Two scarves and one quilt. Must-kick-my-own-ass.

My need for structure is now forcing me to lay down the law. I will work in 30-minute blitzes. These things need to be finished! *Whip* Pull out D's scarf. Knit for 30 minutes. Put it down. Pick it up again the next day. Work on it for 30 minutes. Put it down. I can do this!

My sister will be giving birth in less than 6 months. The quilt needs to be finished. Plus I've been commissioned to paint something for baby's room. I'm thinking a tryptich in greens and yellows. Deadline number one.

Deadline number two is, well, passed. D's winter scarf cannot be worn in the springtime. Unless you're really, really cold. So his scarf will actually not be useful until next winter. But I'd like to have it done soon...maybe I can really give it a go and finish it before next Monday. I mean REALLY give it a go.

Deadline number three is extremely flexible. It's my own mohair spring scarf. Spring is here, might as well finish that too. Plus I'm almost done.

Okay, I gotta go knit now.
Next post, I will tackle the delicate issue of cleaning up the pigsty that is my office. It's scary.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.