Thursday, April 27, 2006

Knitting Limbo

I have come to realize I want to be a better knitter.

My first problem is I am always knitting scarves. Well, except for that afghan.

My second problem is, I am just not taking all the chances I should be taking, like trying new stitches. Embrace life! Take more chances! Oh - how tiring.

Hell, I haven't even looked at patterns yet. Well I have, but I immediately blacked out and pretended there was something really urgent I had to do elsewhere in the house. I found myself crouching in the kitchen, playing with the cat.

Promise to myself #1 for today: I will come home after work, smile, say hello to the furball, pour myself a cold one, and sit with my stash. I might knit a square or two for the afghan, just to warm up. I will then pick fine yarn and try a new pattern. Today.

O Pixies of all thing Knitty, give me the courage to take charge of my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.