Saturday, July 19, 2008

Things that Are, Things that Were, and Some Things that Have not yet Come to Pass.

(Note of July 19: This was meant to be posted Friday, July 11. Some obscure malevolent Technical Glitch prevented its publication, but fret not, O Lucky Fanlings of my Heart, here it now is.)

There are very few things which I am unsatisfied about. I have a great house. I own (well – technically, the bank owns) my very own love nest in which I can relax, think, take refuge and enjoy the finer things in life. I have The Man. He is my rock which rocks, both in his stability and gentle swaying motion. He protects me, counsels me, occasionally makes fun of me, is an excellent source of sarcasm and laughter, puts up with my quirky little self and most importantly, he loves me. Very nice for me. Tasty and all.

I have friends I would do anything for. I have a loving, caring family and ties which the most devastating events would not sever. I have a magical cat. I have no idea where he’s hiding right now, but I know when he emerges (probably from the top of the cupboard in the bathroom upstairs), he’ll be happy as a clam to see we are home on a Friday.

(Editorial note: I just asked my half-asleep Man why we use the expression “happy as a clam”. His answer from beneath the blanket, in his sexy raspy morning voice, between two deep breaths: “Never complains – always keeps its mouth shut.”)

I have a kickass job with stellar colleagues in a great business. It’s new - if almost two months working there qualifies as new, it’s satisfying, and I am learning as I go. It is very, very rewarding. Yesterday the power went out at two in the afternoon. It was very, very quiet. Everyone was at a loss: “What do we do when the computers don’t work?” I had cleaned up my hard copy files the day before. Pfff.

Someone pulled out a camera, and everyone in our department assumed sleeping poses at their desks. We sent the results by e-mail to our Vice-President. Heehee. Yay.

Oh - an easy/lazy contest. Three Squibbits to the first person who tells me where the title of this post was pilfered from. Good luck. Don't cheat.

3 comments:

  1. it's a line from A Christmas Carol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bumblevee!
    Nope - sorry...not a xmas carol.
    Thanks for trying, though! (You may win these Squibbits after all, given the astronimical number of people who have participated in this contest...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lord of the rings! lord of the rings!

    i would have been quicker, but i didn't know you were blogging again.

    also: yay! blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.