Monday, July 17, 2006

Did someone say...lake?

With this heat, I haven’t been updating lately. We’re having trouble keeping cool in the rest of the apartment…and the office is the last place I want to be, with at least 4 computers running full-time. It’s a goddamn furnace in here. So I’m keeping this short.

We’re getting ready to leave for two weeks next Saturday.
I’ve got lots to do…

I’ve got some bananas that are about to walk to the mixing bowl by themselves…I hate wasting food, so I’ll cook/bake everything I can and will stuff as much of it as we can into a cooler we’re borrowing from a friend. Fresh homemade food for us. Yum! And an empty fridge without nasty surprises in it when we come back. I don’t like it when the veggies and ground beef throw us a welcome back karaoke party. It’s just creepy.

There definitely will not be any technology at the cottage we’re going to (at Clear Lake, north of Peterborough), or of there is I will be ignoring it. Except maybe for my i-Pod. But other than that, here’s what I will be doing for two weeks:

Spend a few days at Mom’s with my sister, her hubby, their cutie-pie-to be born in September and my bro;
Drive to cottage in our new car – I made some awesome CDs for the road;
Sit H’s dad down. Give him a beer or something. Tell him he’s gonna be a granddad;
Wake up early. Drag Adirondack chair to dock. Sit and read (before the sun becomes hell’s furnace);
Rescue dragonflies from the evil spider’s web on the dock;
Go for long walks;
Pretend to fish;
Write in the shade;
Read (I’ve got quite a pile of books coming with me);
Stare into the distance, feet in the lake;
Build kickass fires and roast marshmallows;
Build kickass fires and make some SMores;
Maybe go for boat rides if the drivers promise to behave;
Greet the loons and herons and attempt to get better pictures than last time.

Should be a good two weeks. Will have stories when I return.
Clear Lake, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds divine! Wish I could fold myself up and put myself into your pocket. :)

    I'm going cottaging next weekend in Muskoka. Honestly, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 pm

    Do enjoy. Soon, your activities will be: look after shrimp, feed shrimp, worry shrimp is going to fall in the lake, stop shrimp from wrecking havoc, look after shrimp, run after shrimp, feed shrimp etc. :) :) :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to bring shrip to visit Aunt Nomad, ... oooo, fun! Road trips with kiddies. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.