Wednesday, February 07, 2007

State of the Mindset Address.

I subscribed to this years ago, just for the heck of it. And now, it is spewing things at me. This was my horoscope for today:

"For a few weeks now you have understood that each day brings its share of constraints. For example, today you may feel doubts about your physical appearance. Are you questioning your attractiveness, or your ability to make an impression on someone special? Did you use bad judgment at some point, and are now afraid that you've hurt your reputation? A decision you make at the end of the day will relieve all these anxieties."

Now, let me make things clear.

a) I now understand the meaning of constraints. Work is more than I bargained for.

b) My physical appearance. Yeah. See the post dated January 19th. I am not questioning my attractiveness. At all. I am simply uncomfortable in my current physical state. And I am taking steps to alleviate this uneasiness. My fucking clothes don’t fit, for crying out loud. I’ve got that muffin-top look. But I also realize that seven months of pregnancy don’t go away instantly. I need a hug. I need someone to tell me it’s okay to be insecure. The only problem is (and I do not know why I did this), I’ve been bragging that I don’t care what I look like.

c) I used bad judgment several times since my return to work. No one's complained about this, but it’s my job to fix it. Now. And a week ago. I hope no one hates me for it. Then again, I’m not there to please anyone, I’m there to do my job.

d) A decision at the end of the day? Uh-huh. A martini.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 am

    Wow. What's for Sagittarius?
    You need a hug? Don'tcha have a significant other? What else is he paid for? Put him to use once in a while for heaven sake :)
    That your picture on the page? Hmmmmmmm, cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I can finally post on your site again - I was having tech problems for a while.

    How are you doing, you?

    How's the craziness you call work?

    -KIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to convert you to myspace. Look into my eyes... woooooooo woooooooo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.