Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Waiting.

So I am sitting here, waiting. I never thought I’d say this: I wish I were at work, where I could have some form of distraction. I can’t read, the same paragraph is printed on all the pages, it seems. I can’t nap - I don’t want to. I can’t go for a walk, I’m waiting for a phone call. I should frame my flower prints. I’m too fidgety. Boo has given up following me around the apartment, he’s done the hallway/living room/dining room/kitchen trajectory too many times today.

I wish the phone would ring. Just so I get some meat to gnaw on. Just so I get confirmation that no, time has not stopped. I’m holding my breath. I read somewhere it’s not cool to hold your breath too long. Well, not when you’re stressed out, anyway. You’re supposed to pay particular attention to your breath in these specific occasions and use it to calm down. Especially when one is pregnant. Such as myself. Princess Frog is kicking, she can most likely feel the rush of adrenaline flowing through my blood – and hers…

Breathe in through the nose. Hold for one or two seconds. Breathe out slowly through slightly parted lips. Repeat as needed. Sit down. Stop pacing.

I’m happy though, because at least this is good stress. I am not expecting bad news. I just want this to work! We made an offer on a really awesome condo this morning. We wants it, precious.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, condo. So that's where.

    Je dois lire ton journal plus souvent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.