Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Day After Friday the 13th.

Oh you Tender, Nougat-Filled Crunchies,

Hello. How’ve you been? Good. Me too.

It’s Saturday, the day after Friday, which yesterday happened to be the 13th of the month. No big deal, it’s just cool to acknowledge that it was Friday the 13th yesterday. On to the meat.

Last night, after having gone out to socialize with a few friends (which was really cool, no matter how low-profile it was), I sat at home watching an episode of Alias. While I was doing that, an idea occurred to me. I have this list, you see. Those of you who know me best know that I keep lists. The lists all have awesome, hip titles such as “Things to do”, “Albums to buy”, “Things to watch/cook/ignore/ponder”. Okay, these last four I just made up. But I do have a To Do list. And it bores the heck out of me. I regularly want to chuck it and completely overlook the consequences that would have. So in my great tiredness-induced wisdom last night, I decided to spice things up a bit, go completely crazy, and I wrote each item of my To Do list on separate pieces of paper, so I could pick one item at random and do it first thing this morning. Theoretically, I pat myself on the back for having such a great idea. So this morning, I picked an item from the paper bag. So I allowed myself some Facebook time this morning, checked my e-mail, paid my Visa online, had two coffees, lit some candles because it’s rainy out, put on some music, pet the cats and let the dishes soak in the sink before I wash them later on today.

I hear you asking, My Sweetnesses. So what? What’s The Problem?

The Problem is - none of these items I just enumerated actually figure on my To Do list. 

That is NOT what I picked this morning from the paper bag. I am supposed to be going through the six huge plastic containers that are piled in my living room to sort my daughter’s clothes and give them away.  I can’t bring myself to do it. She died almost five years ago, and I still have not found the courage...

I’m going to go pick another item from the paper bag.
Sorry for the sad post. It’s today’s mood.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:06 pm

    1. i also keep lots of lists. short term lists, long term lists, lists for various purposes. aren't they just right?

    2. no need to ever apologize for a sad post.

    3. sometimes when i have something on my todo list that stays there a long time, stays there even as many other things get crossed off and others are added, i remember that i am allowed to take an item off the todo list. i don't actually have to do it, or even expect myself to do it, and that is just fine.

    jenn in oregon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words. They feed my words, hence everybody's happy.